egret

egret

Saturday 2 February 2013

Pallas' Leaf Warbler at Moor Green Lakes Nature Reserve

I headed off to Moor Green Lakes Nature Reserve in Berkshire in hope of seeing the long staying Pallas' Leaf Warbler. I arrived just after noon and was immediately informed by other birders that it had been showing well all morning on the far bank of the river. I made my way along the footpath and headed towards the conveyor belt bridge where the bird had last been seen. Arriving at the bridge some ten or so minutes later I could see a group of birders ahead on the track viewing the bird, and a minute or two later I had added a new tick to my life list. The bird was associating with a gathering of Long-tailed Tits and Goldcrests that were feeding above the far bank of the river all of which were very mobile.
 








  

No comments:

Post a Comment