egret

egret

Friday 21 March 2014

Woodoaks Farm

I conducted a mid afternoon visit in search of migrants as Wheatear and hirundines had arrived in other parts of the county throughout the day. From the cow sheds I followed the footpath along the perimeter of the old orchard into Ladywalk Wood. A male Chiffchaff sang from the canopy my first for the year at this location. I then crossed the bridge spanning the M25 motorway and headed up into the Heronsgate side of the farm. It was here that I discovered a gathering of some 72 European Golden Plover at rest on the winter wheat. I then followed the footpath back from Shepherds Lane passing Beechen Dell, a shadow of its former self with many of the mature Beeches felled by strong winds over the last couple of decades. Passing the manure pile I notched up a couple of Pied Wagtail before heading off home.

                                                                      European Golden Plover

                                                                         Pied Wagtail


  

No comments:

Post a Comment