egret

egret

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Cassiobury Park

I visited early morning before many of the joggers and dog walkers were about in hope of catching a glimpse of Lesser Spotted Woodpecker. Despite my best efforts I was unable to hear let alone see any. The commoner Great Spotted Woodpeckers were about in numbers with at least two drumming males seen and heard and at least two Green Woodpeckers put in the briefest of appearances. Near the Cafe the resident pair of Little Owl were active despite the cold, biting wind and I managed to take a shot of one individual by hiding behind a large trunk of an adjacent Oak. Once happy I had a half descent shot I slowly moved away and watched from a distance as both birds interacted with each other. If you decide to pay a visit yourself please try not to disturb the birds too much as they will be breeding shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment